Spring break is here, and many of us (hopefully!) are currently packing for a fabulous destination get-a-way!
There is excitement in the air as we put down our books, and get away from our desks to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is warming up! It’s common to start throwing in cute tops, tanks, shorts, skirts, summer dresses, and bikinis, only to completely forget about what we will be doing with our hair once we get to paradise!
In a recent trip to Miami, I completely forgot about how much effect the humidity, and ocean water would play on my hair – being that I live in a super dry climate and have naturally dry hair as it is! The weather, temperature, and humidity can be quite a change from what you normally deal with in the day-to-day styling. Here are some tips to help you get great style and fabulous hair while on vacation, so you can worry about more important things, like that cute guy by the cabana, staring you down!
7 Hair Tips, Tricks, and Styling for Your Tropical Adventure
1. Ocean water can totally be your friend when it comes to styling your hair. There is a reason they make sea salt spray! After a day of playing in the ocean, don’t run back to the hotel to wash your hair out, but instead, put it into a loose braid while it’s wet, and unravel for gorgeous waves and beautiful texture for your night out with the girls!
2. You’re on vacation and the last thing you want to do is spend an hour in front of the mirror blow drying and straightening your hair. In fact, don’t even bring your heated tools! Now is not the time to go for stick-straight hair.
After washing your hair at night, put your hair up in a bun on the top of your head while still wet, and take it out in the morning for some gorgeous waves. Finish with some styling spray that’s got some hold, and you’re good to go!
3. Use coconut oil whenever you can! Not only does it smell great and totally fits the climate, but it will help moisturize your hair from all the playing in the water and sun. You can also mix it with any of your styling products as well! Just be careful, a little goes a long way!
4. Speaking of the sun, be sure to wear a hair protectant (or hat!) or leave in conditioner each day. Use this as a styling cream in the morning. Wake up, spray through the hair, scrunch some waves, and be on with your fabulous day!
5. For evening vary up your style by using your fabulous ocean water textured hair to place your hair in a big top bun, chignon, low bun, loose braid, or half-up do (I also love the bun half up-do which is making a come back this year!) It takes only a few minutes and the texture will make your hair look extra glamorous and sexy.
6. You don’t need a lot of hair products or tools when vacationing somewhere tropical. Pack a few essential styling products like this Glam on the Go travel set to help you easily and quickly style your hair with minimal effort! The hair wash, intensive moisturizer, and hair serum will quickly repair and moisturize hair so you can get back to having fun in the sun!
7. Always remember, less is more on vacation. Not only are you there to relax, but your look and styling should be carefree too – and that includes hair, makeup, and clothing. Go for an effortless-chic look and focus on the fabulous time with your girlfriends instead of spending all that time standing in front of the mirror!
Happy Styling AND Vacationing! xoxo
What are some of your favorite hair style and beauty tips for vacationing? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!