Summer is a time to enjoy the warm weather, flaunt your bod and enjoy the outdoors
as much as possible. However, the hot season means natural elements that can hinder
anyone’s well-being, making it imperative your medicine cabinet is stocked with the
most essential, over-the-counter, at-home first aid products and medications.
Dr. Christopher Calapai D.O., a New York City Osteopathic
Physician board certified in family and anti-aging medicine has shared seven
medicine cabinet must-haves for the summer! Read on for his must-have products:
1. Moisturizing Sunscreen – This goes without saying. A moisturizing sunscreen is
an absolute must! Sunscreen acts as a basic sun protector, assists with premature
aging, and helps with evening skin tones, all while making sure you stay moisturized.
2. Aloe Vera Gel – With the sun rays in full force, it can be difficult to
protect your skin from the heat. Aloe Vera Gel has great preventative properties
also working as a skin rejuvenation, healing, and soothing product. Aloe Vera Gel is
a summer essential tool in skin-health and can used to relieve burned skin, remove
sunspots, and moisturize dry skin
3. Calamine Lotion – The summer brings mosquitos along with other pestering
insects, leaving you vulnerable to bug bites and itchy rashes. Calamine Lotion is an
oldie but goodie. This soothing cream is great to calm any itching that you may
4. Neosporin – Most people are more active during the summer season, partaking in
outdoor activities like hiking, camping and beaching. Neosporin helps in treating
and preventing infection due to minor cuts, scrapes, and burns you may get from your
5. Band-Aids – Besides the most common use of Band-Aids, such as treating minor
cuts and scrapes, Band-Aids can also be a great summer hack and important to prevent
blisters, friction and wounds from sandals and other exposed footwear.
6. Benadryl – Summer allergies are no joke! Pollen and insects can do a lot harm.
Benadryl treats sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and
other allergy symptoms that summer brings.
7. Multivitamins – Some people may not know it, but summer is a great time to
boost your body’s defense system. Multivitamins are important to provide the
nutrients your body will crave in the summer.
Don’t let summer get the best of you! Keep these must have beauty and first-aid products on hand so you’re prepared for whatever comes your way this season!
What are some of your beauty and first-aid must-haves you keep stocked at home for summer?
Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!