Behind the scenes with the hair and makeup team for the Vocal Duo of the Year Nominee
Hey, lovelies! Did you love the gorgeous makeup and hair at this year’s Country Music Awards as much as I did?
I have some great tips for how you can get some of the looks rocked by Maddie and Tae! Read on to get the look straight from the celebrity stylists who styled the lovely pair themselves!
Celebrity makeup artist Tarryn Feldman and celebrity hairstylist Kristen Carbine styled Maddie & Tae for The 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. Nominated for Vocal Duo of the Year, the Nashville Glam stylists reveal how they created each of their looks step by step.
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED
2. Blow dry with and a medium Turbo Round Boar Brush by CHI.
3. Use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray for heat protection while styling.
4. Alternate between the T3 1″ Wand and the Bio Ionic 1″ 10x Pro Styling Iron. It is important to make sure all sections are styled away from the face. <
5. Add tease and laced hair extensions to add volume. Side part.
6. Add in CHI Spray Wax and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray while lightly texturizing the hair with your fingers.
7. Finish off with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for a flexible hold with shine.
Maddie’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
For the carpet, I wanted to create a really clean & fresh look because the dress is such a statement. She already has such beautiful skin so I wanted it to show and not cover it up with too much glam. I love using Becca’s Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation on Maddie because it’s sheer and glowy. She has the perfect skin for it. I used a lot of shimmer products like Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette to give her even more glow. I kept her eyes clean, lots of lash and neutral lip to tie everything together. I love it!
What looks were your favorites from the Country Music Awards? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!