Summer is rapidly approaching which seems to be the biggest season for hosting dinner parties, especially barbecues. Even though summer is a more laid-back season for entertaining, there are still important dinnerware pieces you’re guests will notice but you will most likely miss. In order to keep up your fab style at your next party, I’m letting you in on some hosting secrets to make sure your dinner table looks as chic as you do (even if it’s just the patio picnic table!)
Happy Valentine’s Day Lovelies! Online dating websites and apps have vastly developed and have expanded the pool of potential partners. Knowing that, ReportLinker conducted a survey to answer three questions:
- Are men and women looking for the same thing when using these services? Love, friendship or a casual hookup?
- What are the most important criteria when looking for love online?
- What are the main drawbacks?
The comedian Aziz Ansari wrote in Time. “The biggest changes have been brought by the $2.4 billion online-dating industry, which has exploded in the past few years with the arrival of dozens of mobile apps. Throw in the fact that people now get married later in life than ever before, turning their early 20s into a relentless hunt for more romantic options.”
Key findings show that:
- 70% of Millennials use Tinder and the most popular services among all single adults are Tinder, Match.com, Plenty of Fish and OkCupid.
This wouldn’t be a decent fashion blog if we didn’t talk about Semi-Formal. Those two words create a multitude of emotions. Excitement. Fear. Anxiety. It’s the beginning of Spring Semester, so it has to be perfect. It is also probably the biggest social function on the calendar of the 2nd semester of your sorority. It’s easy to get swept up in the whirlwind of it all and the fact that before you know it, finals are right around the corner!
Have no fear. Here is the ultimate checklist to make your life come Spring a wee bit easier:
- Dress. The most important part is what you’re going to wear. Unlike every single other day of the semester when you rolled out of bed with half brushed hair and threw on an XL sorority tee. That night is your night to shine. Your outfit will make or break your night. If you are in love with your dress, you’ll be more confident as you parade around the venue that night. You have to accept that you will be cold. It’s at night in December, and there’s a big chance that you are wearing a mini dress- you’ll just have to embrace the winter for the night, goosebumps and all. Or maybe you’re feeling edgy and want to wear a romper or jumpsuit, go for it. You only get to semi-formal once (actually 4 times.)
- Date. This is probably the part that creates the biggest problem for a girl. Sometimes boys really are from Mars, and unless you have a current boyfriend, this can get tricky. We all know you need cute arm candy for that Facebook picture you know your Grandma is going to comment “Who’s the new cutie pie?” But if you think ahead and use your resources (aka friends) this can be much simpler. Maybe do not wait until the week of when every single male is already locked down for another sorority’s semi-formal. Use your resources; ask your friend’s friends, maybe they have brothers, or they have a boyfriend who has a friend, or it can give you an excuse to talk to that cute boy in class. Hey, it would be a cute story to tell your grandchildren one day. Another fabulous idea is just going with your gal pals. Let’s be honest sisters over misters any day. Can I get an amen????
- Group for the night. This can easily make or break the night. If you go with Debbie downers or crazy Carrie’s things can go downhill fast. You’re safest option is always your best friends. They’re you’re right hand women for a reason. But it can be fun rolling up 30 people deep, when everyone is having a fun time. Or maybe just yourself, a sister, and her date. It could be quainter and you might not have to yell over each other. But once you arrive at the venue for the night you are sure to see the rest of your pledge class and life will be good.
- Dinner. An excuse to eat a nice dinner is a few and far between chance for college students. Unless your parents are in town, it probably doesn’t happen often. It can be challenging to find a restaurant that at minimum 10 people would be happy eating. The go-to’s usually include Hibachi or quaint Italian restaurants. Even better if your date offers to pay. The biggest tip here is making reservations way in advance. These restaurants fill up fast on these nights, and you don’t want to begin your night eating Taco Bell in a mini dress and heels, that’s where you can end up at 2AM not 6PM.
- Shoes. Depending on your level of fashionista this can be very crucial. Most girls go with a simple black or nude stiletto. Or if your dress is on the simpler side you could make the shoes the main object of the outfit. This is hard to find fashionable and functional shoes. Not cute to break your ankle walking across the street before you even get to dance. You also don’t want to be walking like a donkey in 6-inch heels you were not prepared to wear. Or complaining the whole night to your date about your shoes. Tip: take painkillers beforehand, break your shoes in, and don’t buy shoes with outrageous height. Who knows you might end up taking them off so you can get down on the dance floor…barefoot and boogieing.
- The Perfect Picture. This is the point of the whole night. I mean did you even go to semi-formal if you didn’t post a picture? Probably not. This means an hour or more of your life dedicated to getting the picture. With your date, your best friend, the squad. Trying to get the right pose, the right lighting, and flash or no flash. It’s a big deal. Then after that you have to get the perfect filter- VSCO or Instagram, it could be the biggest question of the night. Then the hardest part is the caption. There is no shame in being cliché or keeping it simple. Not all of us are insta-caption geniuses
- The post semi plans. Not all of us have these. Maybe some like to party until sunrise, or last call. Others might simple want to hit the hay after the night, after all it’s been a long few weeks leading up. There’s a good chance you’re hungry, fast food or breakfast is usually first choice. No shame in 3 AM pancakes or tacos. These plans are usually made spur of the moment and usually groups that came together shuffle around. It can be a great closer to an excellent night.
Semi-Formal is a great way to make lasting memories. While yes, leading up to it can be stressful, when you find yourself dancing the night away with your girls, singing Taylor Swift at the top of your lungs, it’ll be worth it. The food will be ate, the pictures will be taken, the dress will go to the dry cleaning and shoved to the back of your closet until a frantic sister calls you because “Johnny’s fraternity formal is tomorrow night and I have nothing to wear!” But semi-formal is something you won’t forget.
People often assume women look for money, providers, financial support, or something similar. And while we cannot speak for all the girls in the world, most women are not interested in any of the aforementioned phenomena (especially in the modern world, where females are emancipated and very independent). We all seek love: someone who will understand us, talk with us, and stay with us in the happiest and the hardest moments of our lives. In collaboration with our friends from Romance Compass Scam, we have prepared a 5-step guide that will help you become a man of any girl’s dreams.
- Take Pride in Your Look
Don’t ever believe people that claim that the outer beauty matters less than the inner one. We are not talking about stereotypical beauty traits like perfectly fit body or ideally white smile. What really matters is the way you maintain your physical appearance. You see, it indicates the level of your self-assurance and self-respect, which, in fact, determines a real man. Good grooming, clean and fitting clothes, normal body shape and odor – this short and simple list is quite enough for a woman to perceive your appearance as attractive in every dimension.
- Know what you want
In contrast to popular opinion, girls do not really like self-indulgent takers and scapegraces. You do not need to be a multimillionaire to be their dream man. Having transparent and understood ideas of both your career and personal life would be enough. Your main aim here is not to act coquettishly by hiding your intentions and making a great deal of it; this behavior is only okay for a one-night stand. If you’re looking for something more long term, you need to talk openly about what you aim for and how you are going to achieve it.
- Listen and speak
Ah, the society is filled with horrific stereotypes. Stay away from those. The one we are talking about now tells us that girls only need to talk about their problems and concerns to somewhat unload their mind (and the feedback is not that needed). It has nothing to do with reality. Modern girls inevitably fall for guys who are able to both listen tolerantly and make good interlocutors, both interesting and attentive.
- Understand her needs
Relationships always come along with compromises. One of the most important moments in the relationship development is to understand the needs of your partner and make sure that she is aware of your needs and thoughts. Only in this way can a healthy partnership be constructed. However, we are now focusing our attention on you becoming a man of her dreams, so don’t forget to dig into her needs and fit them into your universe of interests.
- Don’t forget about romance
In the world of high mobility and speed dating, we tend to overlook such important part of interpersonal relationships as romance. No need to sing serenades in the late night (and she wouldn’t probably be that happy) and take her on a romantic trip on an air balloon – it might be too much. A candlelit dinner, fresh roses, beautiful words whispered right in her ear – voila, you are a man of her dream!
*This is a sponsored post by Romance Compass
Having trouble seeing the graphic? Double click to enlarge!
Thank you to carvakasextoys.co.uk for this fun Graphic!
Shopping for Father’s Day Gifts can be tough. While the traditional gifts of Grilling Accessories, Beer Pilsner Glasses, and hilarious t-shirts can be fun, and usually a hit too, why not surprise your man with a Father’s Day Gift this year, he will never forget! Get a babysitter lined up and tell your hubby to open his schedule up for you Saturday Night!
Here are some ideas for a romantic adventure to take your baby’s daddy on this fathers day:
1. Rent a boat for the day and/or the evening! A Romantic sleepover on the water sounds fun and is probably something most of us have not done!
2. A weekend getaway not in the budget? Take a sightseeing tour of your own city together! There are probably many things you didn’t even know about that little town of yours!
3. Get your guy out in nature! Chances are he probably loves it and it’s a great way to really connect, have some fun and participate in some new experiences together AND save some money while doing it too! Find out what he has been dying to get out and do this summer- kayaking, camping, hiking, fishing, whatever it is – get out and plan it!
4. Find something you both love and step out and give some service together? Is he an animal lover too? See if your nearest shelter could use some help! Not only will you be helping out those in need, but you will be reveling in those feel-good feelings, that only helping those in need can bring – Together!
5. Stay in together! Just because you’re not going out for the night doesn’t mean you can’t have a super romantic evening in! Make him his favorite meal or order in his favorite take out. Light the candles, set up some flowers at the dinner table, Que up his favorite movie or draw a bubble bath.
Feeling daring? Treat him to something new in the bedroom he has been dying to try. Don’t forget that spicy lingerie you know he would die to see you in, like this sexy faux leather corset from 3Wishes.com.
Photo credit: 3 Wishes
Just because it’s a day celebrating dad’s doesn’t mean you can’t treat the father of your children to a night out to remember! Trust me, he will welcome the special one-on-one time with you and a change from that pair of cufflinks he get’s every year for Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day!