Mother of Pearl is back! That’s the good news. However, many people are usually a bit confused on how to best wear these colorful beauties. Read on for expert styling tips from Sofia Eleftheriou, Design Director of Kabana, Inc., the leading American manufacturer of mother of pearl and inlay jewelry.
5 tips on how to best wear your mother of pearl jewelry in 2017
1. Less Is More. Mother of pearl inlay is intricate and colorful and should be worn as a stand-alone piece. If too many pieces are worn at the same time, your elegant style can appear cluttered.
2. Be Versatile With Outfit Pairings. Mother of pearl jewelry is very versatile, in that it can be worn both as a daytime piece with a blazer and jeans or as the perfect complement to an evening cocktail dress.
3. Pairing With Solid Pieces. Mother of pearl can be paired with other solid jewelry such as all gold including rose gold bands, which are very popular now.
4. Make Sure Your Mother of Pearl Inlay Has Clean Lines. Good mother of pearl inlay should be smooth and even with crisp, clean edges where the mother of pearl meets the metal.
5. Can Be Worn To Pull An Outfit Together. These days wearing a monochromatic outfit with a bright dash of color like red, yellow, or purple is the new trend. Often times this style can seem a bit isolating, but your mother of pearl jewelry can help. In addition to accessorizing your outfit with a pair of brightly colored yellow heels, also try adding some mother of pearl jewelry of the same hue. This will be the final touch to completing your look. (Image Courtesy of Kabana Jewelry, Eden Collection: 14 KT yellow gold with Yellow Mother of Pearl and .12TW diamonds)
Hopefully armed with this tips, you’ll be rocking your Mother Of Pearl in 2017 for all to Envy!