Hey, lovelies! To thank you for being some lovely readers, I’m giving one of you the chance to win some lovely OGX Coconut Miracle oil shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and some cute hair ties too!
Spring break is here, and many of us (hopefully!) are currently packing for a fabulous destination get-a-way!
There is excitement in the air as we put down our books, and get away from our desks to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is warming up! It’s common to start throwing in cute tops, tanks, shorts, skirts, summer dresses, and bikinis, only to completely forget about what we will be doing with our hair once we get to paradise!
In a recent trip to Miami, I completely forgot about how much effect the humidity, and ocean water would play on my hair – being that I live in a super dry climate and have naturally dry hair as it is! The weather, temperature, and humidity can be quite a change from what you normally deal with in the day-to-day styling. Here are some tips to help you get great style and fabulous hair while on vacation, so you can worry about more important things, like that cute guy by the cabana, staring you down!
7 Hair Tips, Tricks, and Styling for Your Tropical Adventure
Behind the scenes with the hair and makeup team for the Vocal Duo of the Year Nominee
Hey, lovelies! Did you love the gorgeous makeup and hair at this year’s Country Music Awards as much as I did?
I have some great tips for how you can get some of the looks rocked by Maddie and Tae! Read on to get the look straight from the celebrity stylists who styled the lovely pair themselves!
Celebrity makeup artist Tarryn Feldman and celebrity hairstylist Kristen Carbine styled Maddie & Tae for The 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. Nominated for Vocal Duo of the Year, the Nashville Glam stylists reveal how they created each of their looks step by step.
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED
2. Blow dry with and a medium Turbo Round Boar Brush by CHI.
3. Use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray for heat protection while styling.
4. Alternate between the T3 1″ Wand and the Bio Ionic 1″ 10x Pro Styling Iron. It is important to make sure all sections are styled away from the face. <
5. Add tease and laced hair extensions to add volume. Side part.
6. Add in CHI Spray Wax and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray while lightly texturizing the hair with your fingers.
7. Finish off with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for a flexible hold with shine.
Maddie’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
For the carpet, I wanted to create a really clean & fresh look because the dress is such a statement. She already has such beautiful skin so I wanted it to show and not cover it up with too much glam. I love using Becca’s Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation on Maddie because it’s sheer and glowy. She has the perfect skin for it. I used a lot of shimmer products like Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette to give her even more glow. I kept her eyes clean, lots of lash and neutral lip to tie everything together. I love it!
What looks were your favorites from the Country Music Awards? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!
By Celebrity Hairstylist Laurie Heaps
Celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps shows how to create the perfect effortless waves 2 ways on actress Rowan Blanchard. For the first look, Laurie embraced her natural texture with the help of a curling iron, while the second style featured a beachy, carefree tail courtesy of a waver.
Wave Look# 1
“As Rowan’s outfit was couture and bold, (No other 15-year-old has ever worn Giambattista Valli Couture!) I did not want to take away from her outfit. But instead, compliment the garments while still staying true to Rowan’s look and personal style,” explains Heaps.
How to Get the Look:
1. Start with naturally dry, wavy hair and add some Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse by Redken in the root area.
2. Then, mist each section with Thermal Styling Spray, Protecting hair when using heat, this product creates shine and natural bounce and does not weigh the hair down.
3. Take 2-inch sections, and wrap hair around the DURA CHI 1 1/4″ Ceramic Spring Curling Iron, leaving the ends out for an undone look.
4. Finish the style by spraying with Dry Finishing Spray.
Wave Look #2
How to Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping wet hair with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Thermal Styling Spray. With this product, the more heat applied during styling, the shinier the hair becomes.
2. Next, rough dry hair with a hair dryer. It emits over 3 times more ions to reduce frizz. When this is paired with a frizz fighting spray like White Sands Liquid Texture, hair is shinier and smoother.
3. Take 3-inch sections and used a waving iron. For this look, I chose the R Sessions Tools Nalu Waver.
4. Once the hair was waved, pull it into a high pony at the crown and secured with an elastic band.
5. To hide the rubber band, take a small piece of hair from the pony, wrapping it around the tie.
6. Release baby hairs with your fingers and finish by sprinkling Unite Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder into ponytail for volume.
#HairTalks Make Your Statement
1. To start, apply a Smoothing Crème on wet hair before blow-drying it smooth
2. Next, spray a Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion on the crown to help create extra lift in that area
3. Then, starting at the mid-lengths of the hair and working down to the ends, spray Flat Iron Spray before straightening the hair with a flat ironing the hair-Create the precise mid-part, and create even more volume at the crown by teasing the hair with a teasing comb
4. Finally, lock in the style with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray
All that Sunday night Oscars’ glamour and now it’s back to this week’s reality. It’s enough to make a grown girl pout. We refuse to surrender, so the Marc Anthony Style Pro Team has transformed three of their favorite Oscar looks from red carpet stunning to working girl gorgeous, in 3 simple tutorial videos.
*Celebrity photos credited to Getty Images / Product images credited to Marc Anthony Cosmetics Inc.