Oh, the elusive good mood. How come we can’t just wake up to it every single day, or in my case, why can’t every day be the weekend, which just naturally seems to put me in a much better mood!
Unfortunately, good moods can be hard to come by for many of us, especially for those of us who aren’t naturally early risers, and morning people! I have had to learn over the years to train myself to be in a good mood upon first waking, as I remember waking up even back in middle and high school in a grumpy, not happy to be awake mood!
Here are some of my awsome tips I’ve learned over the years that easily and instantly help boost my mood. They work great not only for upon waking, but also when your day isn’t going so well, or you find yourself feeling down or even angry, worried, or stressed out to the max! These 7 tips help calm me almost instantly and help me think more positively, and I quickly find my bad mood lifting.
7 Tips for Improving Mood Quickly and Easily:
1. I know you’ve heard this a hundred times, but that is because it works. Practice Gratitude. Start journaling or making a list in your head of all the things you’re grateful. I know this can be tough on those days when you just aren’t feeling good about anything going on in your life at the present. But guess what?! You’re alive and you’re breathing, and that is something right there to be thankful for. right?! You probably have a roof over your head as you’re thinking about your rough day, and you probably had breakfast. Two more things to be extremely grateful about, as many do not even have that! The sun may be shining – another thing to be grateful for.
It can be tough to start at first, but once you get going, you quickly realize there is so much to be grateful for in this life, and when you’re heart is filled with gratitude, there is no more room for sadness, worry, and/or anger.
2. Meditation. Along with starting my day thinking about 10 things I’m grateful for, I start each morning out with a 10 minute morning meditation to help me start my day on the right track. I’ve also found over the years that meditation is hands down, one of the best ways for me to calm down when I’m extremely upset, very angry, or incredibly worried and stressed about something. I turn on some relaxing music, and focus on my breathing. I then focus on my heart and feel it warming. I focus on it as long as I need, until I feel better.
Another great meditation I love that seems to work great for improving mood quickly is imagining a beam of light coming through the top of my head, through my crown chakra and radiating through my body. I imagine breathing in this light and then breathing out beautiful color into the world (whichever color I’m feeling most that day).
Meditation can be a great source for improving mood. In fact, I single-handedly give it all the credit for getting me through my divorce. I was so stressed and worried and had no idea how I was going to survive on my own after being “taken care” for the last decade, and meditation is what got me through those dark days and some of the darkest moments of my entire life!
3. Dancing. This one is new for me, but I found it works miraculously at cheering me up and almost within just seconds of doing it! I learned this from getting Reiki done the first time this summer. Dance is a fantastic way to open up the sacral chakra. I found it to do a whole lot more for me than that, and found that within just a few minutes of turning on a favorite song and starting to let my body sway and move to it, I found myself happy and feeling so much better, right away! It doesn’t matter if you can’t dance, you’ll find your body loves it anyway, and so does your mind too! You can do it by yourself or with a friend, just find some great tunes and let your body move!
4. Get Outside in the Sun. There is something about the sun shining down on me and warming my face and body that just does it for me! I find the bad mood lifting and my mind relaxing and taking in the warmth and relaxation. Being outdoors is great for boosting mood, as we find that nature is the ultimate natural “Zen.” I can do an activity like gardening, going for a walk, or riding my bike, but even just sitting down on a chair on the patio with the sun beating down on me, will be all I need to start feeling better and happier, right away!
5. Speaking of the Outdoors, Exercise is a natural mood boost. I know like me, many of you just read that and went, “ugh!” I know, I know, exercise isn’t my thing either! In fact, I find myself often angry and annoyed as I’m doing it, counting down the minutes. But I’ve stuck with it for years, and the reason why is for how I feel right afterward. I feel good. I feel happy. I feel good knowing I just got in a good workout for the day, which is sometimes better than most can say! I feel accomplished just having done it, and as we all know, study after study has shown that it improves mood. I notice I naturally eat better on the days I work out too (probably not wanting all that hard work to have been for nothing), and as we know, eating right can improve mood too, probably mostly for the same reason as exercise, just knowing we did some good and ate right today!
6. Grabbing Lunch with a Friend. Sometimes a better mood just calls for a little social interaction with someone we love being around. I tend to have a bit of a loner disposition and find solace in being alone, but sometimes the meditation isn’t enough, sometimes I need to call up a friend, get out of the house and be social! It’s important here to pick people who build you up, support you, and make you happy, so choose wisely when you reach out to someone in hopes of a mood boost. I’ve never understood why people keep other friends/family in their lives who just bring them down. I’ve been known to drop those kinds of friends like flies and only surround myself with a few, but super amazing, positive, uplifting people! People I know I can rely on when I need them, even if it’s just to feel happier!
7. Sometimes you just need a little extra help. This is when I reach for Eva Better Mood +, which works wonders for me, especially if it happens to be some nasty anxiety I’m battling. In fact, just in the last week, I woke with some nasty anxiety (and once in the middle of the night) and quickly popped a couple of these supplements and felt instantly better! Like INSTANTLY! The anxiety was gone in a flash, I didn’t even have to sit around and wait for the supplement to kick in, I just felt it IMMEDIATELY! I was pretty amazed! It helped relax and calm me and I drifted right back off to sleep again.
Eva Better Mood + contains raw acidic cannabinoids from raw hemp that help to regulate our mood as well as restore homeostasis without psychoactivity. It is non-psychoactive, so it won’t cause anxiety – only relieve it! It has been shown that the endocannabinoid system is linked to regulation of mood and since most people are not consuming cannabinoids, most people are experiencing a cannabinoid deficiency contributing to our inability to regulate our moods naturally. CBD from hemp works on multiple systems throughout the body to provide targeted relief and help bring our body’s back to balance. Hemp is also a superfood in its own right, being a complete source of plant protein with a perfect ratio of omega fatty acids and a great source of chlorophyll. Using hemp in it’s raw, whole plant form allows for a far greater rate of absorption into the body meaning you’re getting significantly more of your money’s worth than you would with an extract or oil based hemp CBD product. [Read more…]