Now is the time to give yourself a denim closet spring makeover. With spring break and music festivals in full swing, it is the month to get your insanely stylish weekend warrior outfits ready. Shorts are getting cheeky this year for music festivals, so you will now know what to wear to Ultra, SXSW and Coachella. Hemlines are moving up, as are the waistlines, with spring fashion trends for 2017 being all about denim shorts; shorts with high-rise waists, cut out detail, fray hems, and embroidery detail. For those cooler evenings, grab some white jeans that show off the ankles to make a statement, because nothing says summer like crisp white denim. Refresh your supply of warm-weather options from STS Blue.
My favorite spring trend this season is embroidery. You’ll see denim shorts with cool embellishments and embroidered floral detail on a pocket or down one of the legs. It’s a sweet and feminine touch that adds a bit of edge to create a fresh spring look. Totally works great for the laid-back, retro vibe of music festivals
What to Throw Out:
1. The stretchy denim-look leggings have had their time in the limelight and it’s time to go! This Spring, looser, more laid-back, worn-in looks are all the rage!
2. While I would never advise to get rid of my favorite pair of skinny jeans (The Horror!), wide legs and flares are making a comeback this Spring, so at least move them to the top of your drawer or front of your closet!
3. Coated Denim. Move these to the back of the closet and bring them back out for Fall. The style lends itself more to a cooler, Fall look than a Warmer Spring look.
4. Colored Denim. I finally just got rid of the last few pairs I’ve still been hanging onto over the last 4 years, desperately hoping they would come back in. Unfortunately, no bright colored denim trends can be seen on the Horizon yet again, for 2017. Instead stick to neutrals like black, beige, cream, and white.
What to Keep or Add to your Closet:
1. Remember it’s all about the short shorts! Break out those daisy dukes you’ve had stored up the last few years! Pair the shorts with some ankle boots and it’s a perfect look for the music festivals.
2. Update your wardrobe with fun new short and pant styles that are distressed, ripped, and bleached! You’ll see denim shorts and pants with side slits, messy fray hems, embroideries, embellishments, high-rise, and cut out details. *The more worn in your denim looks, the better!
3. Another popular option this spring will be the button-fly, dark black short with a roll-up hem. As with dark black jeans, the short is always a great go-to for dressing up your style, while still sticking to your jeans! Just pair with a dressier, chic top like a feminine ruffled chiffon, classic loose white button down, or low cut bodysuit or cami.
2. Jeans with fun hems that show the ankles. You don’t need to stick to the skinny jean style to pull this off. Wider cuts are being cut at the ankle for a new twist on the Capri pant! The weather is also warming up a bit and why not show some sexy skin – right at the ankle! Pair with sandals, pumps, or ankle boots!
3. White skinny jeans are baaackkkk!!! As are many other 90’s trends!
4. The Comfy boyfriend jean returns again. So cozy, you’ll want to live in all Spring long!
STSblue can help you with your wardrobe refresh. The line offers trendy, adorable and affordable options for girls anywhere who want to wear the Southern California, LA style look that can be seen at all the music festivals.
“Your legs have been covered up long enough all winter long,” adds Ober. “It’s time to clean out your denim closet and show some leg! Grab your spring festival fashions at STSBlue.com.”
*About STS Blue:
The STS Blue denim line is inspired by the casual LA and Southern California vibe. They live, breathe and love denim! STS Blue styles are true to size, and are made in a variety of fabrics to execute perfectly authentic washes while maintaining a flattering fit. They offer cotton, polyester, spandex and rayon blends for that comfortable, laid back, and effortlessly chic SoCal look. STS Blue is sold at Nordstrom, Macy’s, Dillard’s, and Von Maur, as well as online at STSblue.com. Styles include skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, denim shorts, and more; all with a friendly price point, averaging $50.
Happy Spring Cleaning!