On a recent trip to the hairstylist, I learned that my addiction to hot tools has done some serious damage to my hair. My lovely stylist gave me some good ideas of how to style my hair for summer so that I cold avoid some of the hair tools and still get some fun, looks perfect for summer!
The thing I love most about summer when it comes to doing your hair, is that the more laid-back and casual your look, the better! In other words, the less you look like you tried, the more spot on your Summer Style!
To celebrate the start of summer and the newly crowned Miss USA 2016, CHI creates 4 easy to do looks that celebrate the season. All styles are super easy to do, only 4-5 steps, and most don’t require heating tools, so your hair can take a break from the heat damage too!
Hair by: Rocky Vitelli, Global Artist for Farouk Systems
Miss Massachusetts – Yoga Braid
1. Prep the hair using a texture spray (I love CHI Infra Texture) all over. This helps to expand the hair giving it a thicker looking braid
2. Start the French braid picking up from both sides start at the corner of the eye opposite side of the head
3. Do four passes and then pick up side section from opposite side to join the braid directing it to one side
4. Once the braid is complete, use a band to secure the ends. Next, push up to create fullness at top and expand the rest of the braid with hands to flatten. This will create 3 dimensional fullness in the braid.
Miss Connecticut – Pool Pony
1. Using HairSpray (I love the CHI Enviro Flex Firm Holding Hair Spray) for control plus a shine spray, back comb sides and top for perfect balance and structure
2. Brush hair all toward the back of the head above the occipital bone at the same level as the eyes
3. Use an elastic with 2 Bobby pins pinned through it and pin one Bobby pin in the hair and then wrap the other Bobby pin with elastic around the hair and pin
4. To hide elastic, take a small section of the pony tail hair and spray with CHI Enviro Flex Firm Hold Hair Spray and wrap around the pony and pin
5. With the CHI G2 Flat Iron, smooth the pony tail until completely straight. Finish with spraying CHI Helmut Head for a long-lasting hold.
Miss Minnesota – Beach Waves
1. Begin with using a hair wand or curling iron (The CHI ARC Rotating Curler is a fabulous one!) and taking 2 inch horizontal sections. Start at one side of the head and work to the other side.
2. Each horizontal sections should start at the nape and working its way to the top of the head.
3. Spray each section with CTexture Spray and curl leaving about one inch from the ends not curled.
4. Apply a small amount of CFinishing Pomade in hands and apply to the hair upside down. Next, spray additional CTexture Spray for hold and shine. Flip head up and put hair into place …
Miss Ohio – Half Pony
1. Brush hair all back. Take a triangle section starting at the top of the head just below the corner of one eye. Repeat the same at the opposite side just below corner of eye
2. Bring that triangle section up and pin pony at top of the head (Apex) using the 2 Bobby pins wrapped in a band technique. Secure one pin into hair wrap and the other around and secure 2nd pin into hair.
3 Take a small section from the pony and spray on it and wrap around and pin to hide band while creating a base at the same time
4. Style and arrange the rest of the hair into place with CHair Spray. To finish, lightly spray Shine Spray for added shine
To download videos, click here: https://app.box.com/s/pwrzvffh3i5u4rb7sdaag1qrk8t2xv9s