Last night, Claire Foy’s hair made a statement about in-betweeness. Claire’s look by Jillian Halouska, celebrated the style that Rei Kawakubo, Comme des Garçons designer and 2017 Met Gala honoree is known for.
Inspiration: Jillian Halouska took inspiration from Rei’s work to create a look that was feminine and structured but also had some edge.
Step by step to recreate her look:
· To start, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Styling Gel on wet hair
· Next, using a rat tail comb, create a severe side part and section a piece of the hair in the front
· Begin to brush the rest of the hair using a boar brush (leaving the front sectioned area aside) into a ponytail and secure it with a bungee hair tie
· Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum to the ponytail, working from the top to the ends of the hair to prevent any flyaways and frizz
· To create the sculptural look, take a long piece of leather and satin and secure it to the ponytail using bobby pins
· Then, take the sectioned hair from the front and comb it back and wrap it around the bungee to hide the elastic, pins and pieces
· Wrap the two pieces around the hair working down to the ends and secure it at the bottom with a pin
· To finish and lock in the style, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray