Fall is already almost here, and with fall comes some great fall home maintenance tips on getting our homes in order for winter and setting ourselves up for the following spring.
I just recently bought my first home as a single woman! Woohoo! But maintaining is totally foreign to me and I need to know how to maintain my home for fall and keep my house in order without relying on a husband or partner to do it!
Thankfully, all you single ladies! Maintaining a home is not as hard as it might seem. Here are some tips I’ve learned on how to prepare your home for fall. Following these tips will help ensure that your home runs smoothly and you can safely avoid running into problems in the future (sort of like getting that oil change in your car!)
Oh and speaking of buying, if you live in Arizona or Utah (coming nationwide soon!) and are thinking about buying or selling your home in the near future, listen up! Using Homie to sell your home will save you those 6% fees you’d be handing over to your realtor for selling your house!
Homie saves on home sellers on average, $10,000 by using Homie instead of a traditional realtor! Yep, you read that right, $10,000 ON AVERAGE!
It costs a mere $1500 to use Homie to sell your home. Simply pay the $199 upfront to get listed and then the $1299 balance (instead of the 6% you’d normally pay a realtor) when you close on your house! It’s that easy! See my 6 easy staging tips for selling your home!
Homie has a team of agents and lawyers to help you through the process of selling your home too, so you’re never alone! You’ve got help 24/7, right at your fingertips! Homie not only saves you A TON of money on selling your home, but they also help you with the whole process of selling your house too! Learn more HERE!
Buying your next home with Homie has tons of benefits too including being able to get one of the best rates possible on your home loan through Homie, closing much faster than traditional home loans (Homie is in the top 1% for speed of closing!), AND Homie will actually give you $5000 towards closing costs!
They also provide an agent to help you on your home search without the pressure to buy you often find with using a traditional realtor. You get everything with Homie that you would with a traditional agent! Learn more about Homie HERE!
Ok, now that that’s covered and hopefully you’ve just saved yourself $5000 on closing costs with purchasing your new home through Homie, let’s get to the fall home maintenance tips!
Here are 7 things fall maintenance tips you should be doing to maintain:
- Cleaning your gutters to avoid damage – This can be easy to do by yourself with a tall enough ladder and some brushes to clean out the gutters. Remove gutters of leaves and anything large that can clog when snow begins to melt on your roof come winter. If you don’t want to do it yourself, it’s easy to find companies to do it for you!
- Trimming your trees for spring regrowth – Again all you need is a big ladder and some trimming shears. Hire the professionals if you will be cutting down some large limbs.
- Changing your air filters for clean air – Super easy! Locate where the filter goes on your furnace and remove it and replace with another. Filters are easy to find at your local Home Depot or Lowes. This is also a good time to call in a professional to clean and check your furnace for winter. Most will happily replace the filter for you!
- Switching your summer sheets for awesome fall flannels or Cozy Microfiber. I bet you’re already doing this! I love a cozy warm sheet in the cold winter! Both sets of sheets are super affordable too!
- Cleaning and storing outdoor furniture until spring – Don’t wait too long and ruin your furniture or have to wait until they dry out to move them. Here in Utah, I put mine away around Halloween. Locate some space in the garage or your she-shed to store your furniture until spring!
- Inspecting windows and doors for drafts – If you have newer windows you may not have to worry about this so much. I always inspect my doors closely as this seems to be where most of us lose the most air. Use door draft stoppers to keep warm air in and cold air out!
- Cleaning out your stove’s exhaust for safety – I like to get some professional help here, but if you’re feeling extra brave, a quick search on google will help you do it quickly and easily! If you have a chimney, nows a good time to get it cleaned too!
With these easy fall maintenance tips, your home will be running smoothing come winter.