This yummy vegan recipe contains quinoa, black beans, & mashed avocado.
Lots of healthy ingredients like quinoa, black beans and veggies packed into portabella mushroom cups. This dish can be successfully served as vegan main or appetizer. Tastes great topped with mashed avocado and a side of crispy corn nachos.
Fun looking, colorful and always a huge crowd-pleaser. This vegan recipe is Rich in flavor and ready to be served in less than 30 minutes!
Total time: 25 minutes
(makes 4 mushroom cups = 2 mains or 4 appetizers)
4 portabella mushroom cups
2 tbsp olive oil
½ of red onion, diced
½ of red bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
1 cup quinoa, cooked
½ cup black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
½ cup sweet corn, canned, rinsed and drained
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ cup shredded vegan cheese
1 ripe avocado
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Arrange mushrooms on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, remove stems and gills from mushroom cups and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet. Add onions, bell pepper, and jalapenos. Saute for about 5 minutes or until cooked through, but still a bit crunchy.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Add quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, salt, garlic powder, and cumin. Mix to combine.
- Stuff mushroom cups with quinoa black bean filling. Bake at 375F for 12 minutes, top with shredded cheddar, return to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- Add avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice to a bowl or deep plate. Mash with a fork. Serve on top of stuffed mushrooms.
Like this post? Please share!