Celebrity Hairstylist Gregory Russell styles Lily James for the 2018 Golden Globes Red Carpet
Lily James’ hair made a romantic statement last night for the 2018 Golden Globes.
Inspiration: Gregory was inspired by Lily’s statement-making, black Valentino gown to create a soft and graceful updo that compliments the ruffled neckline and low back.
- Starting with damp hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Hydration Leave-In Detangling Mist on the ends to nourish, detangle and prep the hair
- Then, apply a golf ball-sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse to the crown and to the root of the hair to help create lasting body
- Next, blow dry the hair with a large, round hairbrush to further add fullness. Once the hair is dry, use a flat iron to create a natural looking wave
- After waving the hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo through the lengths of hair to add a soft texture
- Then, apply a pearl-sized amount of John Frieda Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème through the ends of the hair to add shine and definition
- Leave a few wisps of hair out around the face and tie the rest of the hair low at the nape of the head. Split the ponytail in half and tie a knot fastening the ends loosely so it has a soft, romantic feeling
- Lastly, use John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
- As a final touch, add a gold stone hair pin to the knot