*photo courtesy of Demi Lovato’s instagram
Michelle Rene Elam, the department head of hair on CW’s Jane the Virgin, is sharing her TV styling secrets for creating the hair seen throughout the show’s 4th season. Michelle is available for other interviews on styling as well. Thank you for considering her!
Backstage Hair Secrets & Styling Tips from the Hairstylist on CW’s Jane the Virgin
Season 4 has been filled with stories that are keeping us on our toes. Jane is finally moving on after the loss of Michael and has found new and old love. We began the season with her fresh new sporty fun style that she is now growing out. She has found herself reaching for a little of her old self for comfort from all the changes.
I keep her hair in good shiny condition by using White Sands Liquid Texture Spray (available in Medium & Firm) as a heat protectant and the strong hold, Firm version for her growing waves. I finish her off with White Sands Orchids Oil or an argan oil.
When she imagines herself as one of her storybook characters, wild versions of her appear. From pink/blonde hair to high long ponytails, I keep it in place with I.C.O.N. Done Finishing Spray.
Keeping up with Jane is Petra, whom once the villain of the show has tried to change her ways and be a smart business woman. Her golden locks have softened but as the story turns she will soon sport a very chic look. I double up products using a shine protectant spray over the top of White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Thermal Spray to seal her curl in best. That product cocktail allows her hair to flow all day without need for hairspray.
Like this post? Please share with your friends!
Celebrity Hairstylist Gregory Russell styles Lily James for the 2018 Golden Globes Red Carpet
Lily James’ hair made a romantic statement last night for the 2018 Golden Globes.
Inspiration: Gregory was inspired by Lily’s statement-making, black Valentino gown to create a soft and graceful updo that compliments the ruffled neckline and low back.
Mila Kunis proves the dainty jewelry trend isn’t going away anytime soon!
Over the years we’ve seen massive statement-taking necklaces completely take over, but in the last year or so, small dainty jewelry has quietly taken its place for a more casual, elegant, feminine look. My personal favorite jewelry trend is layering 2-3 beautiful small pieces of jewelry.
Expert Plastic Surgeon Weighs In on Top Celebrity Instagram Photos:
There are celebrities who seem to get better with age and maintain their
looks while others seem to be at war with aging. From lip injections and
fillers that make faces look oddly distorted; to full face lifts that lead
to slanted eyes and an expressionless appearance, we can’t help to notice
when celebrities get it so wrong. In a sea of over-the-top plastic surgery,
there are many celebrities who may have had a procedure or four, but
managed to preserve the integrity of their faces. Dr. Kirk Brandow, founder
and director of the Brandow Clinic for Cosmetic Surgery in Philadelphia;
who has appeared on national programs such as Good Morning America and
20/20, shared his list of the top 5 celebrities who look great over age 45
and explains why.
The best part, these images are from the Instagram accounts of these
gorgeous ladies so the photos are current and in many cases, unretouched.
1. Salma Hayek, age 50. *
If there is one thing that stands out when looking at images of celebrities, it is that they usually have flawless skin. A youthful glow, perfect complexion, and healthy-looking skin tends to be the norm on celebrities. The good news is that everyone can have that beautiful celebrity skin, even with the holiday season upon us.
“During the holiday season, people tend to slip on their healthy eating, get stressed out, and take the focus off of taking care of their largest organ – their skin,” explains Katherine Goldman, celebrity esthetician/waxologist and owner of the Stript Wax Bar. “No matter what time of year it is, there are things you should do in order to care for your skin. But it is especially important to take steps to care for your skin during the holiday season, and it’s easier than you may think.”
There are celebrities with great skin, and then there are some with amazing skin, such as Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, and Reese Witherspoon. While some may swear by one thing, another one touts something else.
1. Microdermabrasion. Referred to as a “miracle” by actress Gwyneth Paltrow, microdermabrasion treatments can go a long way toward helping people maintain a bright, smooth complexion. This is also a less aggressive route to caring for the skin than something like dermabrasion.
2. Facials. It’s important to get facials regularly because they will help to keep the skin looking fresh, smooth, and nourished. It is known for helping you to maintain having a well-hydrated complexion
3. Nutrients matter. What people eat has an impact on their skin, making it a high priority to eat healthy.While that may be more challenging during the holiday season, it’s important to ensure you are getting foods that have enough water, as well as antioxidants. This it the time to load up on the fruits and veggies.
3. Wax smart. Often times, skin looks rough because people are trying to shave or wax on their own. The products or method they use can leave blotches, rashes, and cause skin irritation. Opting for professional waxing is a great way to help keep skin looking great and ensure that the area treated will be smooth.
4. Tan well. As people look for ways to maintain a tan or glow, they may consider tanning booths, but it’s not a good move for their skin. To maintain a tan this holiday, opt for a healthy spray-on tan, which will keep you looking great, but without all of the risks of a tanning booth.
5. Make a mask. You can make your own effective milk and honey mask, with 1 teaspoon of each. The lactic acid in milk provides gentle exfoliation and the honey a natural humectant, drawing moisture into the skin. On that same note, add a cup of milk to your bath water. The milk will soften skin and the lactic acid mild exfoliation. Use a 1/4 cup of course sea salt mixed with 2 tbsp coconut oil as a scrub. Another good homemade mask is to use Aloe Vera gel mixed with a tsp of coconut oil for dry skin.
“Give yourself the gift of great skin. What you do now for your skin will help keep it looking great for months to come. Celebrity looking skin is a great gift to give yourself.”