How to get The Velvet Pony Step by Step:
Photo Credit: https://www.instagram.com/_hairbylaurie/
1. For the velvet pony, apply a small amount of Bumble & Bumble Thickening Creme Contour to dry hair to eliminate frizz and add shine.
2. Flat iron hair with the CHI Flat Iron, leaving some fullness in the roots.
3. Part hair in the middle and smooth into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic band.
4. Wrap pony with velvet about 3/4 the way down, tie in a knot and cut ribbon. I found this style of ribbon from a Joanne’s Fabric Store and any craft store will have it.
5. To finish off the look, gently pull out baby hair around the hairline.
Soft Waves Step by Step
Photo Credit: https://www.instagram.com/rowanphotos/
1. To create these waves, I applied Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse to the roots and concentated on rough drying the roots with a GHD Dryer.
2. Before I used a flat iron to create the waves, I sprayed each section with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Thermal Spray. This product is my secret weapon for this look.
3. Starting at the eyebrows, pull the section of hair straight out from the root and bend the iron to create the “out “part of the wave. Then, release the iron and bend in the opposite direction to create the “in” part of the wave.
4. Continue this pattern all the way down. I always leave the ends straight, just smoothing them out with the iron.
5. Finish with Redken Shine Flash.
*Looks created by Celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps