Inspiration: Gregory Russell was inspired by Hailee’s structured Vera Wang gown and this year’s exhibition to create a slick, high shine, sculptural top knot.
Step by step guide to recreate the look:
1. Start with wet hair and apply styling gel straight to the root and using a tail comb to section the hair, apply gel every 2 inches to the roots as smooth as possible.
2. Work the gel through the length and ends of hair.
3. Next use a wire brush to pull the hair up to the top of the crown. Using a comb, smooth out any bumps and flyaways before tying hair with a bungee hair tie.
4. Brush out the tail of the pony and begin to twist it into the desired knot shape. Once the shape is achieved, pin it down as discretely as possible using bobby pins.
5. The using a blow dryer with a diffuser, dry the hair in a circular motion and create the high gloss finish by applying two pumps of John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra strength Serum- working from the front of the hair to the knot.
6. Finally, spray with hair spray to lock in the style