As summer is in full swing, it’s important to put your best hair forward with healthy and gorgeous locks that are sure to impress. From taking essential vitamins to a simple head massage, hair restoration expert Dr. Baiju Gohil breaks down some easy ways to get enviable hair this season.
*Dr. Gohil is a board-certified surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, dedicated to hair restoration and hair loss treatment. He opened Robotic Hair Restoration Long of Island (RHRLI) in July of 2015 and continues to transform the lives of his male and female patients.
His hair expertise is unparalleled with over 10 years of experience and you can check out his hot hair tips here:
- Vitamins: Vitamins A, C, and E can play a vital role when it comes to having beautiful and healthy hair. Adding biotin, zinc, magnesium and niacin can also have significant benefits.
- Eat Right: Eating the right foods can provide essential nutrients for your scalp and hair follicles. Foods high in protein and iron are extremely important, as well as enriched foods containing omega-3. It’s also important to be careful of those crash diets that can void your body of these vitamin-enriched foods and proteins.
- Hair Care: External hair care is vital if you want healthy hair. Weekly deep conditioning is crucial for maintenance and limiting the use of heat (curling irons/hair dryers/flat irons) will minimize damage to your hair. Finally, applying essential oils 2-3 times a week and limiting hair washing to every 2-3 days can also be beneficial.
- Massages: Massaging the scalp as often as possible is also very helpful in promoting healthy hair. This increases the blood flow to the follicles, helping to provide important nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Therapy: If someone is suffering from hair loss, there are three FDA cleared and approved therapies that can help to slow down and possibly stabilize that process in both men and some women, depending on the underlying cause. Low-level laser therapy, finasteride (Propecia/men only), and topical minoxidil (Rogaine-5% for men and 2% for women) may all be helpful depending on your situation.
Happy Hair-Days Ahead!
What are some of your favorite hair tips for keeping your hair healthy and strong? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!