*photo courtesy of Demi Lovato’s instagram
I know that feeling well, when you’re getting ready, looking at yourself in the mirror and all of a sudden notice those awful dreaded grays! I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking – “Crap! I don’t have to time to fix this! I need to be out the door in 5 minutes, and there is no way I can get all of these nasty silvers plucked in time!”
Well, what if I told you, I found a way to do just that- but without the painful plucking!? Well, there is!! Ladies and Gents, you absolutely can cover the grays in less than 5 minutes!
Ok, maybe it’s no secret that the secret to naturally healthy hair is… protein! Any good hair stylist will tell you that. But if you happen to be vegetarian, like I am, you may really struggle with keeping hair looking healthy and shiny. I’ve tried many substitute products, potions, lotions, serums, and shampoos and conditioners over the years to help bring back that natural healthy shine – only truly healthy hair can give you, but most products (as I’m sure you already know) are really just a cover-up – literally, for unhealthy hair.
The real secret then is getting to the “root” of the problem, and filling up those strands with protective, deep conditioning protein. Yep, while a diet full of protein will certainly help in the hair department, you don’t have to start going crazy and ordering up a big steak everytime you go out to eat. Natural Healthy Hair Deep Conditioning Protein Treatment and Hair Beautifying Anti-Frizz Lustri Serum work together as a total power team for giving hair that natural healthy shine – over the long term! And not just on the days you use it, like so many other products!
Use Natural Healthy Hair Deep Conditioning Protein Treatment every 2-3 weeks, and it will revive old dull hair, and bring back some serious life to your tresses! Hair is noticeably softer, shinier, and overall healthier! This special deep conditioning protein treatment is formulated with double molecular weight protein for cortex penetration and hair fiber cuticle coverage and protection. This means that using this amazing treatment with 11 power-packed natural, organic ingredients will not only nourish hair, but it will protect it from free radicals and other environmental factors that can have a negative effect on the look and feel, and overall health of your hair! It helps protect your hair against the sun, humidity, smog (which we have a ton of this time of year here in Utah!) and other environmental pollutants.
Using this fabulous deep conditioning protein treatment will repair hair, protect it, and leave hair looking so much shinier and lustrous! Hair feels incredibly silky and smooth, and glossy too! It also does a great job of helping ward off the frizz too! The proven Anti-Frizz guard found in this treatment adds an additional layer of protection to hair to protect against humidity and frizz. It works for the super dry air in those drier climates too! [Read more…]
No heat tools allowed for these looks! Simply create looks while hair is wet, allow to dry, and Voila! Reveal beautiful waves, curls, and face-framing styles!
Read on to see how to get these super easy styles in just a few steps that will only take minutes of your time!
1. The Face-Framing Waves
Spring break is here, and many of us (hopefully!) are currently packing for a fabulous destination get-a-way!
There is excitement in the air as we put down our books, and get away from our desks to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is warming up! It’s common to start throwing in cute tops, tanks, shorts, skirts, summer dresses, and bikinis, only to completely forget about what we will be doing with our hair once we get to paradise!
In a recent trip to Miami, I completely forgot about how much effect the humidity, and ocean water would play on my hair – being that I live in a super dry climate and have naturally dry hair as it is! The weather, temperature, and humidity can be quite a change from what you normally deal with in the day-to-day styling. Here are some tips to help you get great style and fabulous hair while on vacation, so you can worry about more important things, like that cute guy by the cabana, staring you down!
On a recent trip to the hairstylist, I learned that my addiction to hot tools has done some serious damage to my hair. My lovely stylist gave me some good ideas of how to style my hair for summer so that I cold avoid some of the hair tools and still get some fun, looks perfect for summer!
The thing I love most about summer when it comes to doing your hair, is that the more laid-back and casual your look, the better! In other words, the less you look like you tried, the more spot on your Summer Style!
To celebrate the start of summer and the newly crowned Miss USA 2016, CHI creates 4 easy to do looks that celebrate the season. All styles are super easy to do, only 4-5 steps, and most don’t require heating tools, so your hair can take a break from the heat damage too!
Hair by: Rocky Vitelli, Global Artist for Farouk Systems
Miss Massachusetts – Yoga Braid
1. Prep the hair using a texture spray (I love CHI Infra Texture) all over. This helps to expand the hair giving it a thicker looking braid
2. Start the French braid picking up from both sides start at the corner of the eye opposite side of the head
3. Do four passes and then pick up side section from opposite side to join the braid directing it to one side
4. Once the braid is complete, use a band to secure the ends. Next, push up to create fullness at top and expand the rest of the braid with hands to flatten. This will create 3 dimensional fullness in the braid.
Miss Connecticut – Pool Pony
1. Using HairSpray (I love the CHI Enviro Flex Firm Holding Hair Spray) for control plus a shine spray, back comb sides and top for perfect balance and structure
2. Brush hair all toward the back of the head above the occipital bone at the same level as the eyes
3. Use an elastic with 2 Bobby pins pinned through it and pin one Bobby pin in the hair and then wrap the other Bobby pin with elastic around the hair and pin
4. To hide elastic, take a small section of the pony tail hair and spray with CHI Enviro Flex Firm Hold Hair Spray and wrap around the pony and pin
5. With the CHI G2 Flat Iron, smooth the pony tail until completely straight. Finish with spraying CHI Helmut Head for a long-lasting hold.
Miss Minnesota – Beach Waves
1. Begin with using a hair wand or curling iron (The CHI ARC Rotating Curler is a fabulous one!) and taking 2 inch horizontal sections. Start at one side of the head and work to the other side.
2. Each horizontal sections should start at the nape and working its way to the top of the head.
3. Spray each section with CTexture Spray and curl leaving about one inch from the ends not curled.
4. Apply a small amount of CFinishing Pomade in hands and apply to the hair upside down. Next, spray additional CTexture Spray for hold and shine. Flip head up and put hair into place …
Miss Ohio – Half Pony
1. Brush hair all back. Take a triangle section starting at the top of the head just below the corner of one eye. Repeat the same at the opposite side just below corner of eye
2. Bring that triangle section up and pin pony at top of the head (Apex) using the 2 Bobby pins wrapped in a band technique. Secure one pin into hair wrap and the other around and secure 2nd pin into hair.
3 Take a small section from the pony and spray on it and wrap around and pin to hide band while creating a base at the same time
4. Style and arrange the rest of the hair into place with CHair Spray. To finish, lightly spray Shine Spray for added shine
To download videos, click here: https://app.box.com/s/pwrzvffh3i5u4rb7sdaag1qrk8t2xv9s