*Photo Credit: instagram.com/amystrozzi/
How to Get Rowan Blanchard’s Messy Top Knot Hairstyle:
5. Finish the style off by misting Redken Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Hairspray.
BEAUTY EXPERT SHARES INSIGHTS INTO ONE-INGREDIENT MASKS THAT CAN HELP BREATHE LIFE BACK TO LUSTERLESS HAIR
Women today are opting for more natural ingredients when it comes to their beauty routines. DIY and at-home creations are rapidly gaining a strong following. Beauty expert, Alexandra Whitcombe, the creator and visionary behind Vendome Paris Beaute, offers a simple, one-ingredient list of the top five all-natural products that women can use to breathe life back into their hair:
1. Olive, Coconut, or Almond Oil – Simply massage a few tbsps. (depending on hair length) of your choice of oil into your hair, comb through, and let sit for 30-60 minutes before washing out it out with shampoo thoroughly. Shampoo and rinse twice, if needed.
2. Avocado – Before you throw away backend avocado, consider making a paste to apply to your hair. Toss in an egg to create an even creamier texture. Apply to hair, comb through, and let sit for 30 minutes before rinsing with shampoo and water.
3. Whole Egg – Whip an egg or two with a folk and apply the mixture to your hair. Comb through and rinse in 15-20 minutes with water and shampoo.
4. Yogurt – Whip a few tbsps. (depending on hair length) of Greek yogurt with a fork into a smooth paste, and apply to your hair. Comb through and let sit 20-30 minutes before washing out with shampoo and water.
5. Banana – Mash one banana with a fork and apply the mixture onto the hair. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with water and shampoo.
Following each treatment, Alexandra recommends allowing your hair to air-dry for best results. To learn more about Vendome Paris Beaute, please visit: www.VendomeBeauteFrance.com
ABOUT VENDOME PARIS BEAUTE
Vendome Paris Beaute is a prestige cosmetics line that targets today’s sophisticated, socially conscious modern woman. The brand uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with ingredients from apothecary secrets and homeopathic recipes that have been handed down for generations in France, Switzerland, and Italy to create a cosmetics line that is infused with botanicals. To learn more about Vendome Paris Beaute, please visit: www.VendomeBeauteFrance.com
Hey lovelies, Fringe is having a huge moment right now! I’m personally loving some cute statement-making fringe necklaces! These are especially great for those who are a little nervous with trying to incorporate such a bold statement-making style into their wardrobe!
Here are some helpful tips to help you get started when styling with Fringe:
Also right now, shop the Fringe Jewelry collection at 50% OFF our lowest marked price + GET FREE SHIPPING!
Just use the code: FRINGE50 at checkout!
Whether you choose metal, suede, leather, or cloth, these fun necklaces will have you feeling trendy and beautiful.
Shop the Fringe Jewelry Sale Here:Style Steals – 2/22/16 – 50% OFF Our Entire Collection of Fringe, Tassels and more + FREE SHIPPING w/code FRINGE50.
*Also, Keep an eye out for our Baylee Lace Up Moccasin Boot at for $19.97!!!, The Nellie Pendant Tassel Necklace for $7.97 & The Brandon Beaded Tassel Necklace for $11.97. Pictured below.
Ever loved the idea of wearing a poncho in cooler weather but have had no idea how to go about it? Ponchos are actually much simpler than you think to style, and look really amazing worn with lots of different things!
And luckily, the lovely ladies of Cents of Style have compiled a super easy list of tips to style your Poncho! Take a look below to find great ways to wear it and of course a fabulous deal on some amazing Ponchos from Cents of Style that you can get Today Only!
Tips for styling our Ponchos and Some Good Reasons to Own One:
Style + comfort. Is there anything more you could want in a clothing item? Whether you already love the poncho trend or need a little convincing, here are a few reasons the poncho will remain a style staple in our closets. And probably should be one in yours.
1. Comfort. (Duh.) These babies are like being wrapped in a blanket, which pretty much makes them fashionableSnuggies. Um, what’s not to love about that?
2. Style made easy. I LOVE style that I don’t have to stress about. You know what I’m talking about — Those dependable items in your closet that you can turn to again and again and just know you’re going to look fantastic. Ponchos help you look pulled together without the stress.
3. They’re the perfect solution for discretely transporting a family sized bag of Cheetos, a bottle of wine, a box of donuts…
4. They work year-round. Your heavier knit ponchos are ideal as an extra layer of warmth as the days lengthen into autumn and winter. For those spring days when you’re so over that winter coat but it’s just not quite warm enough to go without that extra layer, a poncho is a great alternative. Come those summer days, throw one on as a swim coverup, taking you from the beach to drinks.
5. By now you’ve probably seen this sweatshirt season meme, because, well, it’s real people. The best news? This also applies to PONCHOS!
6. With the wide variety of shapes and styles, anyone and everyone can find a poncho that works for them. Patterns, bright colors, batwing, fringe, knits, hooded… your options are endless.
7. Just as there are a multitude of styles, there are just about as many ways to wear your poncho. Pair it with your favorite skinnies and look-at-me pumps for date night, or balance the volume on top by wearing your most comfortableleggings on the bottom. Go boho and pair it with flared jeans and a floppy hat, or play with your proportions and wear it over a knee-length skirt or dress. Accessorize with a scarf or layered necklaces.
8. Leave those old maternity pants in storage this holiday season, your poncho has plenty of give and space.
9. Traveling. Long flights can be miserable. Long flights in uncomfortable clothes are pretty much unbearable. Ponchos help you walk that fine line of wanting to be comfortable yet still look like a presentable, pulled together human being. (Especially if you’ll be heading straight to see people just after stepping off the plane.)
Shop Today’s Style Steals tea with the coupon code: GIVEPONCHO at checkout! The coupon code will drop the price of all of our Ponchos to $14.95
Looking for a lovely braided bun to create for your upcoming Holiday Parties? Well look no further! I have a fabulous tutorial from Latest-Hairstyles.com Contributor: Roxie Jane Hunt, for complete steps on how to create this beautiful look!
“I love this braided updo because even though it appears as if you need mad braiding skills to achieve it, you really don’t, ” explains Roxie Jane Hunt. “The bones of this hairstyle are all based around basic braiding techniques, making the infinity braid do-able for anyone. Medium-long to long hair is needed to create this look. If you don’t have quite enough hair to create the finished look you desire, simply throw in a few clip-in extensions!
The infinity braid is also a perfect style for day two dirty hair (and beyond) and the perfect DIY look that can take you from a casual lunch date to an evening formal event in a snap.”
For this gorgeous look, you will need to section the head into threes, two small side sections and one large section down the middle. French braid one of the side sections.
Create a basic three-strand braid on the remaining side section and larger middle section. Secure all braids with a small elastic.
Starting with your center braid, wrap it loosely into a bun.
Use bobby pins around the bun to secure it in place.
Take the French braided section and wrap it under and around the middle bun. Pin into place.
Finally, take the remaining smaller side braid and wrap it over and around your middle bun. Pin that braid into place and spray the entire look with a hairspray of your choice.
Photo credit: www.Latest-Hairstyles.com
Step 1: Apply Serum
Prep your hair by apply hair serum. This will tame frizz, make your hair easier to manage, and will also help create the same kind of shine that a lot of faux hair pieces have, thereby allowing it to blend a little easier. We’re using Cureology Smoothing Anti-Frizz Hair Serum.
Step 2: Apply Extensions
This step will vary depending on what kind of extensions you’re adding.
Step 3: Move Hair
Shift all your hair to one side of your head.
Step 4: Part Hair
Part your hair down the center.
Step 5: Fishtail Braid
Now for the most arduous part of this hair tutorial: creating your fishtail braid (and it’s not even difficult). To do this, divide your hair into two sections, then drag an outer piece of hair from one section over to the other section. Pull tight, then repeat on the opposite side. Continue pulling tight as your braid the length of your hair, securing with a clear elastic on the end. Make sure all your hair is draped to one side of your head (secure with bobby pins if necessary), and then pull out sections of hair for that “piece-y,” and lived in look. You can use a texturizer or more serum to get those strands. Also twist each of these pieces to keep them separated.
To achieve this, I first applied Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream to my skin. I then applied the bronzer in Paula Choice’s Blush it On Contour Palette with a bushy brush onto the apples of my cheeks. I also applied the bronzer to my forehead and chin, slowly building color. From the same palette and with the same brush, I added highlighter to the applies of my cheeks and the center of my forehead, then followed up with the darkest blush to add color onto my cheeks.
For my eyes, I used Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I filled in my brows with Faint, then applied Naked 2 across my eyelids. I used Faint in my eye creases to create dimension, and blended out with W.O.S. The colors you choose for this eye look will depend on my coloring. In general, stick with a matte brown that’s darker than your skin for the eyelids, followed by a slightly darker brown in the creases. The blending color should match the color of your skin.
I also applied tre’StiQue’s Swiss Chocolate Line, Sharpen & Smudge Eye Pencil to my upper lash line and blended with an angled eyeliner brush, then threw on some Sigma Sinuosity mascara. For lips, I dabbed on a pinkish nude lacquer and blended it into my lips with my pinky.