Hey lovelies! Taking that awesome Spring Vacation soon but stumped at how to get all your stuff in that suitcase? Read on for some fabulous packing tips from designer Katherine Way:
5 Fab tips for Packing:
- Fabrics should travel as easily as you do. Follow these three rules for ensuring your outfits travel well. Fabrics should be 1) easy to care for, 2) wrinkle-resistant, 3) machine washable. “The last thing you want to do after a relaxing vacation is to come home to a suitcase full of clothes that need special care,” says to Katherine Way.
- Spring is a season to welcome in the new so be sure to put away those earth tones and pack a selection of bright colors to add some pep to your step. Our spring collection was inspired by the colors of Key West and include bright and whimsical fabrics with foliage, flamingoes, elephants, waves and other great ocean-inspired prints.
- Think mix and match when packing to save space and make daily dressing easier. Include a solid top that coordinates with at least two separate bottoms, like our skirts, shorts, and pants. Stay within the same color family so your shoes and accessories will coordinate. Start with our blue tones that pair with so many fun fabrics.
- Remember to breathe – or at least wear clothing that breathes. “I travel to the Florida Keys often and it can get rather humid in the spring. It’s important to have moisture-wicking fabrics so you can stay cool and refreshed without having to take up valuable vacation time running back to the hotel to freshen up,” says Way.
- Stay protected from the sun. Chances are, you’ll want to be outside in the beautiful spring weather so sunscreen is an essential. Believe it or not, you can still get sun through lightweight fabrics. Katherine Way Collections is UPF 50+ certified so you’re always protected.
*To see the full Katherine Way Collections spring 2017 line, visit: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/capintsxke8q077/AAB7loVcwphCnVakN-oWu5d6a?dl=0
Are you taking that fabulous tropical vacation this Winter? When it comes to preparing for vacation, packing can be a daunting task and it’s easy to forget important items. Luckily, Chloraseptic’s Associate Clinical Professor at St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Services, Dr. Maria Mantione, knows how colds can quickly develop especially when traveling and on-the-go in vacation mode.
Maria’s Top 5 essential items you will need to prevent getting sick in order to guarantee you can enjoy your trip:
1. Bring Backup – Sickness has a funny way of creeping up at the most inopportune moments and put a damper your vacation. So be sure to pack the #1 pharmacist recommended brandfor sore throat and mouth pain, Chloraseptic. Their throat spray and lozenges can help fight off sickness whether you prefer a quick spritz or a long-lasting lozenge with a soothing liquid center.
2. Stay Super Healthy with Super Foods – Eating and drinking high vitamin/super food and beverages is a great addition to boosting one’s immune system. Apples, bananas, coconut water and trail mix are a just a few examples of foods that will have you feeling your best while traveling.
3. Sanitizer Comes in Handy – Germs are everywhere but you can stop them in their tracks by washing your hands and sanitizing. With hand sanitizer, you’ll feel a lot better about the coughing and sneezing passengers on the plane.
4. Eliminate the Clothing Conflict– Weather can unpredictable. With the temperatures on the plane, at the hotel and outdoors, you may be confused with what to wear. Bring clothes that you can layer in case of extreme temperatures.
5. Build Your Own First Aid Kit – Be prepared with travel or smaller sized products in your luggage. This can really get you out of some nasty situations and save you from some inconvenient side trips to a doctor.