I’m sure I’m not the only one that goes as long as possible without having to step foot into a salon. I have no idea why that is, I’m just lazy maybe and well I like to save myself time and money where I can. Getting your hair colored at the salon can take half a day at least, but when at home, you can do a number of things while waiting for your hair color to develop, just be sure to keep an eye on it though! Color goes from brown to red to orange in a hurry before getting to your desired blonde! And if you remove too early, well then you get that awesome orange hair that looks great for you know, Halloween, but that’s pretty much it!
ENTER TO WIN a tube of hair Color on my YouTube Channel! 5 WINNERS!
I recently got to try out an amazing new line of hair coloring products perfect for your stylist to do for you, or even easy and straightforward enough to do on yourself at home. I actually took my hair to the salon this time to have it professionally done since I did my own highlights about 6 months ago and had no idea how to go about integrating the roots and new highlights with my old ones. I also chose a brighter, more golden blonde this time and wanted to make sure I would get the most natural look by having it done by my stylist!
UglyDucklingColor.com offers a HUGE range of hair color, in fact you’ll find over 63 shades! Even the bright blues, pinks, and well.. orange, if you’re into that! The amazing thing about Ugly Duckling hair color that you won’t find with other professional hair coloring products, especially the ones you buy off the shelf at the supermarket, is that it is designed to be super gentle on your hair (even when using those bleached blonde highlights like I did!) It leaves hair feeling incredibly soft and shiny afterwards too!
How? Well they add Argan oil to their hair color! Amazing right!? If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you know I’m obsessed with Argan oil, especially when it comes to using on my hair. I love and obsess over Argan Oil shampoos, conditioners, hair treatments, you name it! This is the first time I’ve actually seen it in hair color and I’m beyond amazed! I use to bleach my hair blonde for like a whole decade in my teens and twenties until it completely tore apart my hair, as us faux blondes all know can happen, and rather quickly when it comes to lightning up hair! This amazing product from Ugly Duckling makes it easy to keep adding highlights or continually have your hair dyed blonde, even platinum, and keep your hair incredibly healthy, soft, and shiny anyway! That is an absolute miracle in the way of hair coloring if you ask me!
Check out my video review below & Enter on my YouTube Video, to ENTER TO WIN a tube of hair color– your choice! 5 WINNERS!
Click HERE to Enter! – Rules: Subscribe to my Youtube channel, give a thumbs up, and comment with your favorite hair color!
Open to US only!
Good Luck lovelies!
Contest Ends Jan 9,
*Gift Voucher for FREE tube of hair color must be used by Feb 14, 2016.
Pretty amazing right?
Like I said above, I got my highlights done professionally in the salon, but if you want to try it out for yourself, the Ugly Duckling professional hair color is the perfect product to try out at home!
Here are my hair coloring results using my Intense Golden Blonde Ugly Duckling hair color:
To get you started on giving yourself some highlights at home, here are a bunch of tips I compiled from the experts:
Tips for At-Home Highlights and Hair Coloring:
- Deep condition hair the night before to help nourish your hair before some intense coloring. Again, if you use Ugly Duckling hair color, you can probably skip this step!
- Apply vaseline around the hair line to keep color off your face and neck.
- Practice first (you can try the out the night before with conditioner so you can see exactly how the highlights will look when placed your hair).
- Do a strand test first somewhere that won’t be noticeable. This is a great way to know exactly how long you need to let the color sit on your hair before rinsing. Check especially 5 mins before, as this is crucial developing time. Make sure its not orange before rinsing. *Tip: Women with lighter eyes tend to have color develop faster on hair. If you have dark brown eyes, you may need the full 30-40 mins to develop. Someone with blue eyes may only need 25-30 mins!
- Use a toothbrush! Apply thicker streaks in the front with a toothbrush, about 1 inch thickness in the front, 1/2 in thickness going toward the back, and use a baby toothbrush and apply 1/4 in thickness in the very back, for the most natural looking highlights.*Tip: The closer you place highlights the overall lighter your hair will look.
- Isolate pieces to paint with clips, then secure the rest in the ponytail. Bring out each piece one at a time to color.
- Place a paper towel under each painted section to keep it from touching uncolored hair underneath, or wrap in tin foil.
- Don’t start right at the roots. Start coloring about an inch down. Work all the way down, then finish at your roots. This allows for a more natural finish at the top.
- Watch it as it develops! Keep checking the color, especially within 5 minutes of finishing time.
- When you’re finished, deep condition your hair afterwards and follow up with clear gloss.
That’s it! Hope these tips help you on your next coloring!
Want to learn more about Ugly Ducklings amazing Argan Oil range of color? Check them out at UglyDucklingColor.com.
*I was given this product for the purpose of review. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are solely my own. I only share reviews with my readers, I feel will be beneficial or informative in some way.
**MyStyleSpot is not responsible for shipment of prize.