*This post contains affiliate links for which I will be compensated when purchases are made.
I’m sure you’ve heard by now everyone talking about the Covid 15, a play on the infamous freshman 15.
A lot of us working at home have been feeling stagnant as we are often sitting at our desks for long periods of time.
This coupled with the fact that we are unable to go out and do the activities we enjoy has really become a problem for many.
Manasa Rajan, the Food Product and Holistic Health Coach at Cure.fit, offers her food and nutrition philosophy—meet people where they are in their health journey and eat foods with clean ingredients that are not highly processed, with no chemicals, and no preservatives.
She advises people not to focus on calories, they should focus on changing the quality of their diet to include fiber-rich foods that improve satiety and curb the overconsumption of calories.
Cure.fit is an integrative health app that includes all facets of a healthy lifestyle on one platform. It has holistic health offerings across physical fitness and workouts, healthy food, and mental well-being.
The platform offers delicious and healthy recipes under its Eat.fit vertical that range from soups and salads to world cuisine and vegan food.
Rajan recommends the following three daily choices to help with weight loss and overall health:
EAT ONE MEAL RAW PER DAY
- Eat more vegetables as part of your lunch or dinner. It can include anything and everything from soup to a side of vegetables to a salad.
- You should be eating three or four different colors on your plate
- Fruits and nuts are also a good option
- Eating raw helps your immunity and improves your microbiome. By eating this variety, you get a lot of antioxidants and fiber which impacts your gut health. A healthy gut is so important for immunity.
EAT SPICES EVERYDAY
- Herbal teas are a great way to incorporate spices into your diet and help you reach your weight loss goal.
- The tea can have cloves, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, or fennel, etc. Simply boil water and steep the spices for a few minutes. Drink a few times per day with warm water.
- Adding spices to your food—turmeric to your vegetables or eggs, cinnamon with your oatmeal, and fennel in your salad are all great ways to add flavor and health benefits to your food.
- Spices have been long-linked to health benefits including anti-inflammatory properties.
TIME RESTRICTED EATING
- Our bodies regenerate when we sleep. That’s when the “deep cleaning” happens.
- Your last meal should be consumed 3-4 hours prior to going to bed. This is important so the digestive process is complete.
- If you eat a late or heavy meal close to bedtime and the digestive process hasn’t finished, your body can’t focus on rest and regeneration which in turn negatively affects your energy and immunity.
- There should be a 12-16 hour gap between your last and next meal.
What is your biggest struggle with weight loss? Let me know in the comments!