Memorial Day is just about here and while most everyone will be ready to embrace the warm weather, it’s important to remember that the sun’s rays
can wreak havoc on your skin, with both short term and long term results.
Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist Jill Caruso is sharing her top five tips to keep you looking your best in the summer and beyond, along with her favorite
products* that will help keep your skin in top condition!
1. Use SPF every day – There is good reason you get this advice over and over again. This is non-negotiable for healthy skin. Protecting your skin from the
sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays is mandatory for skin health and anti-aging.
2. Don’t forget your lips! – This delicate area is often forgotten, but the lips
require sun protection and hydration. Lips are just as susceptible to sun damage as
the rest of the face. Lips tend to get dried out so when not in the sun make sure to
3. Botox helps prevent wrinkles… and sweat! – By temporarily paralyzing
muscles, you are able to prevent future wrinkles. This is especially important
around the “crow’s feet” area in the Summer when we tend to squint more in the sun.
Botox is also used for hyperhidrosis, so you can prevent excess sweat on the
forehead, as well as and sweaty armpits!
4. Reapply SPF without messing your makeup! – Carry a brush-on mineral SPF,
which is easy to use and super convenient.
5. Use nightly fading cream – Dark spots tend to appear more in the summer when
the skin is being constantly exposed to the sun.
Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot – *I’ve personally been using this for years and have found nothing better for removing dark spots completely, and quickly!
Happy Summer-Living (Safely!)
What are some of your favorite ways for protecting you skin in the summer? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!