For women of all ages, sallow, dull, or crepey skin can make the chest area or décolletage appear older than it is. Factor in side-sleeping where for hours at a time, your breasts are at battle with gravity leading to deeper lines in the neck and chest. Luckily, there are advancements and solutions available to bring back the glow to the beautiful feminine décolletage. Dr. Lenny Hochstein, world-renowned, board-certified plastic surgeon based in Miami, Florida, and owner of the city’s newest state-of-the-art Hochstein MedSpa, and his team of licensed aestheticians, offer insights on how to achieve and maintain a sexy décolletage.
Before Venturing Out to the Beach/Pool/Picnic, Check Out
These Helpful Tips from the Hair Experts at Hotheads:
We spend a small fortune on our hair, but did you know a few days in the sun can create a downhill spiral with all the sun, salt and sand? The experts at Hotheads, the premier hairbrush line developed by stylists with over 50 years of experience of addressing a variety of haircare needs, share their tips on how to help your hair survive summer.
4 Hair Tips for Surviving the Summer:
1. Look for UV inhibitors in all of your leave-in hair products. Apply to damp or dry hair. These are the most effective at preventing damage;
2. Wear a hat – especially when you’re anticipating a full day of outdoor activities where shade will be scarce;
3. If you’re planning on swimming in a pool remember to dampen hair before taking a dip – even if you are wearing a bathing cap – as this will help prevent any chemicals in the pool from absorbing into the hair. When showering after the pool, if there is no time to shampoo with a shampoo that removes chlorine or other minerals, rinse hair well. This will at least remove some of the surface chlorine or other minerals deposited on the hair;
4. In your beach bag, you should carry your sunscreen, but also the Mini G – Hotheads’ palm-sized, compact hairbrush. It’s the perfect little brush to distribute your leave-in products before heading out into the sun. Great for detangling after a swim, the Mini G also helps remove sand debris from the scalp and hair. Finishing your day at the beach using the Mini G will reduce frizz and help create the perfect ponytail.
For more helpful tips, visit HotheadsHairbrush.com
What are some of your best tips for summer hair? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!
Celebrity hairstylist Laurie Heaps worked with actress Danielle Fishel this week for a new cut and color, just in time for summer. Creating honey blonde highlights, Laurie added babylights through the roots with some brighter pieces around her face and lots of blonde balayage on the ends.
“For the cut, we added lots of piecey layers and I took a lot of weight out of the ends for a textured look,” explains Laurie. “Once the cut and color were finished, Danielle wanted me to do something less polished – a more undone, effortless look.”
To achieve her hairstyle:
1. Danielle has naturally curly hair, so I applied Redken Straight Lissage Align 12 Lotion all over the hair. It strengthens while adding control to your blowout for sleek results.
2. Next, I blew dry the hair with a large round brush. However, I made sure to take small sections. You will have more control while drying and can smooth each one perfectly straight.
3. Once dry, I went in and then took larger 2 inch sections of hair and sprayed them with White Sands Thermal Spray. It holds the curl in until you shampoo it out, yet the hair is soft and brushable. It is also thermal intelligent, so the more heat used with an iron, the shinier the hair becomes.
4. I then wrapped each 2 inch section around the with Chi 1″ Ceramic Spring Curling Iron, leaving the ends out. It is important to alternate the direction of the hair each time to give a tousled look.
5. To finish, I took the a ceramic Flat Iron and ran it through the ends and tapped it in areas that looked too curled.