*Photo Credit: instagram.com/amystrozzi/
How to Get Rowan Blanchard’s Messy Top Knot Hairstyle:
5. Finish the style off by misting Redken Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Hairspray.
How to get The Velvet Pony Step by Step:
1. For the velvet pony, apply a small amount of Bumble & Bumble Thickening Creme Contour to dry hair to eliminate frizz and add shine.
2. Flat iron hair with the CHI Flat Iron, leaving some fullness in the roots.
3. Part hair in the middle and smooth into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic band.
4. Wrap pony with velvet about 3/4 the way down, tie in a knot and cut ribbon. I found this style of ribbon from a Joanne’s Fabric Store and any craft store will have it.
5. To finish off the look, gently pull out baby hair around the hairline.
Soft Waves Step by Step
1. To create these waves, I applied Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse to the roots and concentated on rough drying the roots with a GHD Dryer.
2. Before I used a flat iron to create the waves, I sprayed each section with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Thermal Spray. This product is my secret weapon for this look.
3. Starting at the eyebrows, pull the section of hair straight out from the root and bend the iron to create the “out “part of the wave. Then, release the iron and bend in the opposite direction to create the “in” part of the wave.
4. Continue this pattern all the way down. I always leave the ends straight, just smoothing them out with the iron.
5. Finish with Redken Shine Flash.
*Looks created by Celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps
BEAUTY EXPERT SHARES INSIGHTS INTO ONE-INGREDIENT MASKS THAT CAN HELP BREATHE LIFE BACK TO LUSTERLESS HAIR
I love summer but boy can it do a number on my hair! This is the time of year I really start reaching for nourishing ingredients and products that will breathe life back into my hair, not to mention provide some major moisturization, soft texture, and some added shine too!
Unfortunately, hair care products can oftentimes be expensive, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still give your hair some serious love. In fact, many ingredients you have right now in your pantry will provide the same benefits as some of those pricey products, but you get the added bonus of it being natural too!
New York, NY – September 2016 – Women today are opting for more natural ingredients when it comes to their beauty routines. DIY and at-home creations are rapidly gaining a strong following. Beauty expert, Alexandra Whitcombe, the creator and visionary behind Vendome Paris Beaute, offers a simple, one-ingredient list of the top five all-natural products that women can use to breathe life back into their hair:
1. Olive, Coconut, or Almond Oil – Simply massage a few tbsps. (depending on hair length) of your choice of oil into your hair, comb through, and let sit for 30-60 minutes before washing out it out with shampoo thoroughly. Shampoo and rinse twice, if needed.
2. Avocado – Before you throw away backend avocado, consider making a paste to apply to your hair. Toss in an egg to create an even creamier texture. Apply to hair, comb through, and let sit for 30 minutes before rinsing with shampoo and water.
3. Whole Egg – Whip an egg or two with a folk and apply the mixture to your hair. Comb through and rinse in 15-20 minutes with water and shampoo.
4. Yogurt – Whip a few tbsps. (depending on hair length) of Greek yogurt with a fork into a smooth paste, and apply to your hair. Comb through and let sit 20-30 minutes before washing out with shampoo and water.
5. Banana – Mash one banana with a fork and apply the mixture onto the hair. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with water and shampoo.
Following each treatment, Alexandra recommends allowing your hair to air-dry for best results.
To learn more about Vendome Paris Beaute, please visit: www.VendomeBeauteFrance.com
ABOUT VENDOME PARIS BEAUTE
Vendome Paris Beaute is a prestige cosmetics line that targets today’s sophisticated, socially conscious modern woman. The brand uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with ingredients from apothecary secrets and homeopathic recipes that have been handed down for generations in France, Switzerland, and Italy to create a cosmetics line that is infused with botanicals. To learn more about Vendome Paris Beaute, please visit:www.VendomeBeauteFrance.com
Ugh, I can’t believe how chilly the evenings have gotten here in Utah already! I should love Fall. the beautiful colors, the cooler nights for sleeping, but I don’t. I’m a Summer girl through and through, the beach, the water, the heat, the sun…. I love it all. Including summer fashion like lightweight rompers and jumpsuits, tank tops, jean cut-offs, and of course, mini skirts and fun printed summer dresses too! The effortless hair and makeup is a huge plus too, which is probably why I carry many of these hairstyles and makeup looks well info Fall and often into the beginning of Winter too.
After a few visits to my hair stylist this spring to determine that my flat iron was indeed killing my hair (Some of my hair in the back, is totally half the length of the rest of my hair – oops!), I have stuck to creating hairstyles all summer long that only involved product, maybe a hair band or two, and absolutely no heated tools. One of my favorite looks Summer, quickly became the natural, wavy beach look! This look is so incredibly easy to create and is so much better on your hair than using those hot flat irons, hair dryers, and curling wands! No hair dryer needed for this style!
I’d love to list a bunch of steps here but guess, what, there are only 2!
Step 1– Wash your hair
Step 2– Spray in a moisturizing Sea Spray and let hair dry. My favorite is the Pure Glam Performance Waves Sea Spray
Voila! That’s it! You’ve just created some very pretty beach waves with a cool -I just took a dip in the ocean – texture!
I’ve been creating beachy waves for years and have tried literally dozens of different sea salt sprays. The problem I often run into with these sprays is because they contain salt, they are indeed very drying on the hair. Not such a great combination for hair that is already naturally on the dry side! Which is exactly why I was beyond thrilled when I was recently shipped the Pure Glam Performance Waves Sea Spray and got to try it out! This spray is the exact opposite of your typical sea salt spray. It’s actually moisturizing and leaves hair with a cool wavy beachy texture, but without the dried-out salty look of it. Instead, you get incredibly soft, glamorous wavy hair! I swear it makes my hair look shinier even though it’s a sea spray too!
The Pure Glam Sea Spray instead, is a natural, organic, corn starch-based hair styling spray that is an amazing multitasker . It controls frizz and even acts as a dry shampoo. Yep, you can reuse this the next day without washing your hair. Just scrunch hair after spraying and your hair will be revived again with beautiful beachy waves!
The Pure Glam Performance spray also contains other healthy hair ingredients such as a seaweed with Laminaran, which is known for boosting collagen production and great for fighting the signs of aging when it comes to your hair. You will also find caffeine and ginger in this amazing beach waves spray, that will actually stimulate hair growth! The spray rivals competitors major hair styling brands, yet is natural and good to the earth too! It leaves hair cleaner for days and brings back shine to dirty hair too. This amazing sea spray is packed full of nutrients that strengthen hair fiber and actually, in turn, helps it act as a defense against environmental stressors! It’s also cruelty-free too!
This product has quickly become my go-to styling spray for taming frizz, adding beautiful beach waves, and giving my hair a healthy glow and beautiful shine! I also love that it doesn’t take much of this product to get the major styling and healthy-hair benefits from it! Just one pump will go a long way!
The Pure Glam Performance line also contains a volumizing spray that beat out popular brands like John Masters and Dr. Haushka, and was named “Best Styling Product of 2015” by Beauty With A Conscience. The spray was also named in the Top 12 Beauty & Fashion Picks by ALLURE.
Purchase The Pure Glam Performance Sea Spray today and Save 20% with code: MS20 at OrganicBeauty.now!
Also be sure to shop the award-winning body care products from the Pure Glam and EcoPrincess- designed specifically for kids -line while you’re there too!
Here is a match made in Heaven: get the Nume Classic Couple, a Silhouette straightener paired with your choice of any of our Classic wands to meet the needs of just about any hairstyle. This bundle has always been value priced, and is now being offered at an even further discount of over 60% PLUS FREE US shipping !
Use the code: DOUBLEDEAL at checkout to get in on the savings! (If purchased separately, these two items would cost $278, and can be purchased this weekend only for only $59!)
This offer ends at midnight on Sept 11th.
Shop the Sale Here! FLASH SALE: $59 Silhouette & ANY Classic Wand + Free Shipping
Happy Styling and Shopping!
No one wants to labor over their hair during Labor Day weekend. We make getting ready for that BBQ much easier with our Fashionista flat iron straightening hair in just a single pass.
Hurry! This offer ends at midnight on Labor Day, Sept 5th.
Shop this Fab Hair Toos Sale Here:
Also, don’t miss out on these two Fab Deals: