Thanksgiving is about a week away and whether you are celebrating with family or friends, chances are there will be a lot of food involved. But, for those of us who are trying to watch our waistline, the Thanksgiving feast may set us back in our goals. This year, try balancing out fatty dishes with Terra’s Kitchen (a healthy meal delivery service) recipes for easy and healthy Thanksgiving side dishes.
See more by visiting terraskitchen.com.
Brussels Sprouts With Grapes & Walnuts
- To make, preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this really helps with cleanup).
- On the baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts (7 ounces) and grapes (7.5 ounces) with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tablespoons shallot, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread evenly and roast until sprouts are tender and golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Basil-Infused Skillet Roasted Corn
- To make, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon garlic in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 more teaspoon garlic, corn (as much as you’d prefer), and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Sauté 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Stir in basil (add to your liking).
Broccoli & Apple Salad
- To make, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add broccoli (7 ounces). Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain broccoli, and plunge in a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Pat the broccoli dry with paper towels. Chop the apples (5.5 ounces).
- Make vinaigrette: Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine broccoli, apples, pepitas, and onion in a serving bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.